Friday, February 3, 2012

Apple TV

I recently acquired an Apple TV. The name is slightly misleading because it is not a TV at all. It's a little black box that allows you to stream content to your TV (like Netflix, iTunes videos, etc.). The cost of Apple TV is $99 and you need an HDMI capable projector in order to use it. My main reason for trying Apple TV is that you are supposed to be able to use it to wirelessly mirror your iPad2. I just got it hooked up. It does work, but I am noticing a significant lag. This must be due to some issue on my end because if everyone experienced this lag, there would be no way to watch a video or play a game. So...the trouble shooting begins. If anyone out there has experience with Apple TV and the iPad, I'd love to hear from you.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

2 comments:

  1. Have you figured it out? I've worked a little bit with one, not a lot. It's awesome when it's working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why there is a lag. The magic IT guys in my district hooked mine up and I LOVE it! No lag.

    I teach a kinder/first grade combo class and my students very favorite app is Monkey Drum. I got it on whim in April because it was free. My kiddos could play it all day!! See what you think.
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete